Installing a window and door can add to your living style. It’s true that people who are artistic tend to prefer their home to look appealing. However, some people don’t want to spend a lot of money on decorations, especially when it comes to installing a window or door.
In order to install a window or door, then the following steps will give you a general insight on how to install one. There are, however, many types of doors and windows. Depending on your style and taste, you’ll have to choose one that suits your own preference. The following steps gives you a basic outline of how to install a window or door in a general way:
Window Installation Process
- First off, you have to decide what kind of window you want to install. You can select from a wide range of wooden, tin, aluminum and windows as well as other kinds.
- Once you have chosen one, you need to measure the installation area with measuring tape
- The time it will consume is 2 to 4 hours per window depending upon the size of your window
- Next you’ll shape the window if you wish to customize it. There are tools available in the market for cutting and shaping windows if you want the window to look as per your requirements and needs
- Water the area before installation for better grip. This is a traditional way that many people do not follow. Once you water the area, the grip in the cement, will hold the window
- For durability, rub the surface in the corners while you are installing a window
- Adjust the window to the frames and for best alignments, hammer gently over the corners and edges. The surface should not chip.
- Don’t forget to wipe the edges with soap water. In the old days, people often practiced this, especially in Asian and Middle-Eastern countries. Westerners have stopped following this due to various reasons but it’s good for your window to hold grip in the future
- Once you have installed your window, make sure that the fan or the AC is on if it is summers. That will provide good air to the windows.
Here is a helpful video that shows you how to install a window.
Door Installation Process:
- The best type of door is steel or door. However, some people go for a fiberglass door too. Before you begin the process of installing a door, it’s very important for you to select the door. It enhances the appeal of your house
- Now to begin with, remove the interior trim that is surrounded by the door, that already exist
- Next it’s time measure the door using a tape measure. Check height, depth and width of your door
- The door must be about half inches less than the height of the opening, if it is ¾ inches.
- You must now determine the way your door opens, which way. You have to stand back and measure with precision.
- Check the hinges. Know what way the door opens, right or left.
- Weather-resistant doors are the best
- Lastly, read the manufacturer’s instructions on how to install door for further installation process
Now here is an additional on how to install a door.
Installing a window or door is never difficult in today’s ever changing world! There are plenty of guides in the form of videos, books, and instructors.